Promoting your business through a PPC ad is trending in the market. Small, medium, and big businesses are allocating their budget on PPC marketing with an intention to generate revenue in the business.
Are you thinking to shift to PPC ads to increase the visibility in the market and know how much they charge? This article answers your curiosity.
Selecting a PPC agency is always a difficult task since there is a vast number of PPC agencies in the UK. PPC agency will try to lock you up with a long term contract agreement. Furthermore, they go on stretching the time by assuring you to generate more sales. But the fact might get different when you involve yourself in such PPC agencies.
Without any doubt, your business can grow tremendously with PPC marketing, but the fact is it depends on you what PPC agency you are involved with. The following things should be considered while hiring the PPC agency:
- Verify for Google Partnership
- No-long term contract agreement
- Search for Strategy rather than PPC managers
- Third-party tools they are using
- Examine PPC specialists not with questions but with strategies
- Confirm to have ownership of your PPC account
- Remarketing strategies
- Transparency with Report
- AI software
- Experience of PPC specialists
- Cross-platform for PPC advertising
How much PPC Agency in the UK charge for marketing?
Are you searching for a PPC agency in the UK? What type of PPC management services are you looking for? Are you trying to sell services or Products? These things matter a lot whether you want website traffic, increase conversion rate, Brand awareness, or anything. The Pricing of PPC agencies in the UK depends upon the extra services they provide.
Do you know, using Google ads account for PPC marketing is absolutely free? You just need to release the budget if your ads are clicked. PPC agency charges you for managing those ads on the Google Ads account. They will improve the quality score of ads so that the marketing budget can be minimized. Moreover, they also perform optimization of the landing page, protect ads from fraud clicks, and robot clicks.
PPC agency in UK charges based on the various pricing models of PPC marketing which are discussed below:
1. Hourly Charge
The owner should pay based on hours of working for managing the PPC ads. It’s a straightforward deal, but the owner should comprehend various nuances on the Google Ads campaign. In the UK, the average hourly charge is £30.
Pros of Hourly Pricing model
- Good for business owners who want a certain amount of hours per month
- Improving Ad Quality Score
- Best for Increasing website traffic
- Easier in tracking
- Basically, No need for long-term contract agreement
- Best for Small Business
Cons of Hourly Pricing Model
- No straightforward strategies
- More hours might not provide better results
- Only managing PPC campaign on-account
- The charge can get higher if optimization off-account is needed such as Landing page optimization, using third-party software
- Individuals and Freelancers are involved in it
- Rather than the company’s goals, marketing strategy, specialists are more focussed on improving ad quality
2. Percentage Based on Ad spend
In this pricing model, business owners need to pay a certain percentage of total ads spent on advertising. PPC agency in UK charges 15% – 25% of total ads spend. However, PPC agencies perform better and are more focussed if the client increases their budget. It seems like the clients are punished for increasing their budget.
Pros of Percentage Based on Ad spend Pricing model
- Typically, best for the clients starting fresh campaigns with no prior data
- No Negotiation and it clears the doubts for adding more campaigns
- Suitable for small scale business
- Agency focuses on the marketing strategy to meet company goals
Cons of Percentage based on Ad Spend Pricing model
- PPC agencies try to push the client for increasing the budget
- Wasted ad also spend counts while billing
- Might not be suitable for long term agreement
3. Flat Rate Pricing
In this model, the clients need to pay a flat management fee regardless of the total budget spend on the ad. Since the management fee is fixed, the client doesn’t need to worry about increasing or decreasing the ads budget. The agencies are more focussed on increasing the sale of the company. The agencies in the UK charge between £400 – £2000 or more.
Pros of Flat Rate Pricing
- Best for large scale business
- More efficiency and Transparency in reports
- Full management of PPC ads as well as off-account management such as Landing page optimization, designing ads, fraud click protection, etc.
- Remarketing strategies
- Focus on marketing strategies to meet company goals and objectives
Cons of Flat Rate Pricing
- Expensive for small scale business
- Might contain hidden cost
- Long-term Contract
4. Tiered Flat Fee
It’s a Flat rate model with adding breakpoints in ad spend budgets. For example, the agency may charge £1000 flat rate for ads spent up to £10000 or £2000 for ads spends up to £20,000 and so on. Agencies are more focussed on the company’s goal.
Pros of Tiered Flat Fee
- Suitable for large scale business having long term goal
- Cross-platform marketing
- Regular calls and meetings
- More priority to the companies for increasing conversion, ROI and sales
- Perform task beyond the PPC on-account management
- Experts in copywriting, designing and optimizing landing page
- Protection from fraud clicks and robot clicks
Cons of Tiered Flat Fee
- Not suitable for small scale company
- Might not be transparent with their report
5. Performance-based Pricing
The client needs to pay only when the ad generates the sale. Performance-based pricing can be utilized either by monthly performance or by milestone performance. It seems like an affiliate rather than a PPC management agency. However, agencies are more concerned with the goal of the company.
Pros of Performance-based Pricing
- Suitable for both small and large scale company
- Contract on a milestone performance basis
Cons of Performance-based Pricing
- Might contain hidden costs for using third-party tools
- Force client to increase the ads budget
- Might not care about the ad quality score
- Agency prefer to work with the client who has costlier products
6. Free PPC Management (not recommended)
In this pricing model, the agency performs the task for free. The agency takes cut from the third-party applications they are using for PPC ads. In this model, agencies are less focussed on company goals and more focussed on increasing the ads spend. The more they spend, the higher the commission they will get.
Pros of Free PPC management
- It’s free
Cons of Free PPC management
- Agency forces the client to increase the budget for increasing the sales
- Focus on low volume keywords
- Might degrade the ad quality score which increases the CPC
- Might lock you up with long term contract
Which pricing approach is the best?
Talking about the best approach, it totally depends on the various business factors like your business size, business field, business goal, and, more others. You may choose the pricing approach that suits you, but it is better to do some research before finalizing the suitable approach.
But taking in general, the flat fee pricing approach can be suitable for most of the business. This approach allows the PPC agency to undertake deeper research and understand the situation before taking any steps.
Along with this, experts in the PPC agency can also search the opportunities to work creatively to enhance the growth and efficiency of the PPC campaign. If your business has a long-term vision, then preferring a flat fee pricing approach can prove to be effective.
Though this approach may not be affordable by small businesses but, investing in this approach is appropriate to reach in certain hight in a short time and in good for the long-term.
But what about the hourly charge approach?
Many small and medium-size businesses prefer using an hourly charge approach. But this approach may not suit in the long-term. If your business is vision-oriented, then the hourly charge approach is not the best choice.
Your PPC ad campaign will succeed only if it is nurtured with time and effort. But in this approach, the PPC agency will not spend much time and effort will result in performing the task behind schedule. Moreover, some time this approach may also cost you more than expected.
What are the types of PPC agencies in the UK?
If you want to implement the PPC ad in your digital marketing campaign, you should identify which type of PPC agency will provide effective service. You need to figure out the PPC agency that suits you the best.
The following are the type of PPC agencies in the UK:
Freelancers and small agencies
These agencies lack experiences, thereby start to target the local business, who are willing to invest in PPC. As they lack experience, these agencies will only focus on generating clicks rather than conversion. This will surely generate awareness but not enough revenue in your business.
They may not spend adequate time on a single project as they are more focuses on increasing the number of clients. Thereby, your business may take more than estimated duration to reach the target.
Before you select, you may verify whether they are certified or not, how much knowledge they have on Google AdWords, and do they keep themselves updated with Google algorithm.
They may offer a PPC service hourly or percentage depending upon the agency. They charge less or equal to £1000 per month.
These agencies are Google certified partner or Google premier certified. These agencies might not be well experienced, but they will have knowledge regarding Google ads.
They are capable of solving a complex problem and are able to conclude to improve the performance of your PPC ads. Along with this, they may also have a technique to improve ROI.
Moreover, they do not limit themselves with Google ads, they may extend their service to other online platforms like Facebook, Email, LinkedIn, etc.
As they offer full service, they charge around £5000 to £10000 per month.
You may prefer these agencies if you have sufficient budget and are willing to adopt full PPC service
Large specialist PPC agencies
These agencies are the collection of experts who knows the job very well. These agencies have over 50 employes who are equally talented in their respective field.
The major target clients of these agencies are large national and international businesses. However, they may also target selective local businesses.
As they are experts in their field, they use various software to accomplish their tasks like bidding, reporting and, automation. These Softwares enhance your PPC ad performance and guide to optimize the PPC ads.
Their starting charge £20000 and above. Big business usually prefer theses agencies
Which PPC pricing fits your business?
The above pricing model is useful for any business, but it depends on the experience of the PPC specialists and managers in the agency for enhancing PPC marketing. The best PPC specialists can grow your business with any type of pricing model. When you have a long term goal, the flat fee is the best pricing model. In this pricing model, you just need to go through the reports for analyzing the performance of PPC marketing. It’s needed to go through the terms and conditions of the PPC agency before the contract agreement.
PPC agencies always want to see the growth of their client’s business. However, they might not use the appropriate marketing strategy, such as sales funnel.
When there are so many options, it is obvious that decision making is difficult. You may choose that agency that understands your business goal and show interest in your business.
The pricing of PPC agencies might vary depending upon their success history. To become a PPC advertiser is not a difficult task; you just need a certification course, but to make the PPC marketing effective, the experience is mostly needed.
So, always try to hire such agencies who have experienced PPC specialists and managers. PPC agencies that provide proper marketing strategies, work with cross-platform PPC advertising, remarketing strategies, etc. are good to go with.